Are You Kidding Me?
I have had the worst day today and it's only halfway done! I woke up super early to work, then get ready because I need to get a new drivers license to fly to Van Couver on Sunday. So I get ready, get Nixen up, get him ready and fed. I wanted to leave by 9 am and right before I go I realize I don't have my birth certificate so i'll need my SSCard to prove I am me.. I go down to our storage room to find it and it's no where to be found. I search through like every box and nothing. I can't find mine or Nixen's and I know I put them in a certain spot... since moving I can't find anything! So then I call the DMV, they tell me I can't get my DL without my birth certificate or SSCard but its not like I can go get either of those with out my license. So they tell me to bring a bunch of other junk, but they can't promise they'll be able to use any of it... AWESOME! So I finally get everything together and I'm ready to go! Wait.. I can't find my keys.. great. Last I remember Nick let Nixen play with them last night. So I search and search. I looked in every room, in every corner and I cannot find them anywhere.. I can't get a hold of Nick and it's not like he would know where they were anyway. By this time I am in tears.. gotta love pregnancy! I decide there is nothing I can do but to just wait to talk to Nick to see if he has any ideas. So while I'm waiting I decide to call the airlines to see if they will even accept a temporary license. The lady tells me, she doesn't know but that I will have to go through an extensive security check and it will be an huge hassle. I loved hearing that! Finally Nick calls and says, he doesn't know where they are but maybe his mom accidentally picked them up when she left yesterday.. what do you know, she doesn't answer her phone when we call! Mandy said I could borrow her car so I get her keys and realize we can't get Nix's car seat since it's locked in the car. We decide I can just use her 4 month old's infant seat. I can't figure out how to loosen the straps and again.. I am in tears. So I gave up. I will just have to wait till tomorrow to get this damn license! Then... I get a call from the Dr. We have been waiting for some blood work to come back in regards to down syndrome. When they measured the stuff on the baby's neck to detect down syndrome and chromosome problems they found it was really high. They said depending on my blood work it could be downs. Well they called and said it's NOT downs but that I need to come in for an echo so a specialist can look at his heart because there could be something wrong there. I really hope everything is okay with this little baby! I had no probs with Nixen so this is all new..
So.. I am now back in my pajamas and Nixen is down for a nap. I have 6 hours of work ahead of me today and all I want to do is crawl back into bed and wait for tomorrow.... (sigh)
7 comments:
ooooh Jen, that IS a terrible, horrible no good very bad day. I am sorry. Those days I just let my house go and watch Lifetime. Everything will look better tomorrow. But I am sorry.
Oh I am sorry Jen! Let me know if I can do anything. It will get better though. Things have a way of working themselves out!
Jen... I hope everything is okay with the baby. We will keep you in our prayers. I also know about the bad day. When I went to leave for work this morning I realized that Zach had the car seat in his car. It was fun trying to figure out how to get it and what to do with Ella. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you!
I'm so sorry, Jen! That is a really bad day. Pregnant or not, I would be bawling. I hope everything works out. Keep us updated on the baby. Stuff like that usually turns out to be nothing but it's just SO scary! HUGS!
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry you've had such a hard day! I would have been in tears and I'm not pregnant! I hope everything goes well with your dr visit.
I was going to say that pregnancy usually make bad days seem even worse, but in this case..I'm pretty sure anybody would classify this as a bad day. It can only get better, right? I'm sure everything is ok with your new babe. Keep us posted!
Hopefully everything will be ok with the baby. Seems like doctors do that all the time...they tell you something is or might be wrong the baby and everything turns out fine. Either way, you will love that baby no matter what. Hope you have a better day tomorrow! Try not to stress so much...that's not good either!
Post a Comment