Thursday, February 26, 2009

{ I heart yellow }


i just finished this weeks project. i've been looking for a vintage looking chair for awhile now and then realized my grandma gave me this chair which was just sitting in our storage room. I put a couple fresh coats of yellow paint and little sanding for an aged look and there ya go. a new chair for me to use for photography. im sorta obsessed with yellow right now. this makes a great addition to our bedroom.

i also wanted to share this weeks find. on peirpont avenue downtown [not the one with the restaurants, the other avenue more west] there is this fantastic store called, elemente. it's been there for 25 years and is all "gently used" vintage furnishings for a reasonable price. seriously i walked in and was like, where have you been all my life. ha. if you haven't been there you must check it out. they dont have a website but its well worth the visit. i picked up a fabulous stool to use for my photography as well. im pretty sure i'll be going in there everyweek when they get their shipment.

2 comments:

Cheerfully Charmed February 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

I love this chair too! It's amazing what a little paint can do to spice things up! I wanna check out that little Elemente place with you! Oh...and lets not forget our garage sales!

Hailey Smoot Kandell February 27, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

I have barstools and a highchair painted the came color and oil rubbed the same way.