{ relay for life }
about a year ago {april 13th, 2008} we lost my grandfather to a rare form of cancer, transitional cell carcinoma. he was diagnosed at stage 4 and though we were heartbroken to see him go, we were thankful didn't have to suffer for very long.
he was the most selfless and giving man i've ever met. he gave up almost half of his life to raise my 2 sisters and i. no matter how hard we made his life, you never heard him complain {well at least not to us but i'm sure my grandma would disagree} ha. he had the best sense of humor and had a way of always making you feel better when you were down.
he made every birthday, holiday and saturday morning special! he took us on hundreds of trips; camping, four wheeling, snowmobiling, to our cabin in bear lake..
may 8-9th we are going to remember him by participating in the 'relay for life' in hurricane, utah. the relay goes through the night until the next afternoon. i know many of you travel down south to st george or even live there and if you happen to have that weekend free we'd love more team members. this is a great way to remember any loved ones you've lost to this disease. if you can't make it we'd also appreciate donations, even if it's just a few dollars. please visit my site with acs and give your support in my fight against cancer. http://main.acsevents.org/goto/jenherem
i love you bompa and think of you everyday.
i love you bompa and think of you everyday.
4 comments:
Oooh...this made me sad just thinking about it, especially because I just wrote a similar post about my Grandmother! He was a wonderful man and I'm sure he will always be missed. I REALLY wish I could participate with you, but that's the exact weekend I am throwing Jen's baby shower! Darn it!
Your post is very sweet and special! I remember your Bompa well, you were very lucky to have him.
what a sweet man. My grandpa went to cancer as well... different kind, but similar story. He sounds like he was amazing.
I miss him so much. He is so cute in those pictures. I can't wait till we are all down there its going to be a lot of fun and make him so proud of us! Love ya jen.
Post a Comment