Thursday, April 10, 2008

{ Sad News }

Once again Nixen and I are in St. George. My grandfather is very very ill and unfortunatly won't recover this time. My mom and sisters are here too and we are doing everything we can to help my grandma. This is such a hard time for all of us. I always thought my grandpa, Bompa, was invincible. It's so tough to see him in such a fragile state. He still has his great sense of humor but cancer has taken over his body. He sleeps most of the day so it's hard to spend time with him but the few minutes we get everyday I will cherish forever. I am so thankful for Zion's Way Hospice and everything they are doing for him and our family. They have the sweetest nurses who are here daily to make sure he is as comfortable as possible and without pain. They stay as long as we need and answer all of our questions. It's very difficult to try to make all the necessary plans and talk about the future without him. No one knows how long he'll hold on but he has lived such a fullfilling life and I beleive he has made his Heavenly Father proud. I truly realize how important it is to be an eternal family and that has been so comforting knowing it is a possibility. Saying goodbye is only short-term though it feels very permanent. I really can't imagine what my grandma is going through. They have been married for almost 52 years! They have set such a great example for Nick and I. She is so patient with him and always such a rock for our family. Even now, she is amazing. They are both so selfless and have always taken care of everyone else. We will forever be in debt to them..

It has been fun to spend time with both my sisters, we hardly ever are all 3 together. They've been helping me with my first invitaion job! I've started my own little business making invitations and annoucements, Dahlia Design. I'll post my website as soon as I get my samples uploaded. Lex is almost into her 3rd trimester and looks so dang cute prego! I took a few pictures of her today and I think we will take some more tomorrow. We are trying to find ways to still enjoy our time together considering the circumstances...




12 comments:

Alexis Blackner April 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

First: Ditto to everything you said about Bompa.
Second: Who is that HOT preggers??? NO seriously the pics look amazing, you are SO talented!!

Emily April 11, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. :(

Seriously cute belly pics! I love all the different angles!

Mandy April 11, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

GREAT job.. you are very talented. I miss you guys. Alexis looks FAB.

Tracy April 11, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Sorry about your grandpa. (((hugs)))

Rosie April 11, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It is great that you are all there for him though. Your Grandma sounds like an incredible woman! Hang in there!

Rusti April 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa! That's rough. That's so awesome that he has family around him though. (hugs)

Brooke Bennett April 12, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. We went through that with my grandma in December.

I love the pictures!!! I'm going to have to call you when I'm preggo with my next baby!(won't be for a few years though!)

Ash + Dust April 13, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Jen, I'm so sorry about Bompa. He was always so nice to me. Losing a grandparent is hard... I lost my Nana a year ago, but it's comforting to know they are watching over you and your family.

I really would love to get with you for lunch! I can't believe I haven't seen Nixon yet... I need your number.

Chiemi April 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

I'm so sorry about your grandpa, but it's nice to be able to be near him while you can. Your sister looks fabulous! You take awesome pictures.

Hailey Smoot Kandell April 14, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

I am so sorry about your Grandpa, It is so sad to say good bye, but comforting to know they are going somewhere better.

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi April 14, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Wow is that my sista!! Kudos on the pictures you did really good and I had fun watching you do them!!! This week has been hard but I love you so much and thank you for being such an amazing sister to me!!!

Cheerfully Charmed April 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

I keep telling you to be a photographer...DO IT GIRL! Your so good!!! Your sis is so freakin hot! TAKE MORE!!!!